Akai MPC1000

The more I think about using drum machine software and an Akai MPD16 drum
pad to emulate an MPC1000 or 2000, the more I think, heck with, I'll go
sell
a kidney or something and just buy an MPC1000! That thing has seriously
gotten me drooling.

Anybody seen any particularly cheap prices on it? Ordering off the web,
looks like you can get it for around $850-900. I've seen some used ones go
cheaper on eBay.

If anybody has any leads let me know!

Thanks,
jj