Re: RC20 - EDP sync

hi there one and all.

Im just thinking out loud here and im not saying that this is the solution for this paticular problem, however i have thought of a technique that might be fun.

I came up with this as a way of letting me loop with a beginning loop-ist mate with an RC-20.

basically I used a splitter cable on the output of the RC-20 and connected one to his amp and one to the BeatSync jack of the EDP,

On my EDP I would setup to recieve sync to the beat, I would then begin by letting him make a loop to a time of his choosing, then he would turn his output signal down and put that awful metronome up (by the way this is a fun jam thing not a crowdpleasing theatre filler)  and let the beat detect get it and use it to define my loop time.

We are now (as the theory goes) locke togeather using a common time base. al kinds of building up up up fun can be had.

I know its not exacty rocketscience or the next leap forward in tech but it is a goodway to jam and guide someone through a few tricks

Phill Wilson (a.k.a. Blackface)

Download my FREE MP3's at www.download.com/therealblackface
>From: "Mark Smart" <mwsmart@insightbb.com> >Reply-To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com >To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com> >Subject: Re: RC20 - EDP sync >Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 20:37:23 -0500 > >----- Original Message ----- >From: "Mark Smart" <mwsmart@insightbb.com> >To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com> >Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 8:32 PM >Subject: Re: RC20 - EDP sync > > > > When you did this, did the EDP respond to both red and green flashes or just >red > > flashes? If it responds to both, it might be possible to get it to respond >only > > to the red ones by putting a diode in series with it, right? If this is a two > > color LED whose color is determined by the direction of the current. > >Oh, wait...they are probably controlling the color by grounding one side of the >LED and connecting the other to +V, right? So you could get it to respond just >to red flashes by only hooking the wire to the side of the LED that gets +V >during a red flash. Easy enough. > >Just thinking out loud... > >Mark Smart >www.marksmart.net >

Enjoy the awesome learning power of EncartaŽ at your fingertips when you subscribe to MSNŽ Encarta Premium.