Re: Chords: played vs. built (was: mono ebow (was Eivind Aarset)

I've gone both ways with the single note/chordal
approach.  I just recently finished a song that
involved about six tracks of single note playing that
when organised properly turned out a pretty wierd
arpeggiated chordal sequence.  I used Ambiloop, along
with Acid to add the beats.  I would start with track
one and play a note on the click of the metronome.
the second track was done the same way, but with a few
diferent notes, then, I reversed that part, and the
notes would fall in between those of the first track.
It sounded like an arpeggio, but at the same time, it
sounded like a reverse delay, because the attack was
backwards.  I then made a drone tone on the open E
string(did I mention this was done on the guitar?),
and slowed it down to replicate the bass.  Next, I
performed a melody in the similar fashion as the
chords, and it had about the same effect, but was
played in the higher registers.  Then, I did a solo at
half speed, so when I turned it on normal, it didn't
sound much like a guitar.  I then took all those parts
and put them into ACID and panned them and all kinds
of stuff, so even though you heard the signle lines as
chords, they were moving all over the place.  I need
to upload this somewhere so you all can hear what I'm
talking about.  Anyway, that's what I did for that
song, but I've also played full chord prograssions and
added embellishments on top of it as well, I used
didferent sounds and keep the guitars pretty clean so
they don't turn into mush.  So I can work either way
on this one.

Bri
--- "David J. Grossman" <dave@unpronounceable.com>