RE: Check out "Line 6 - Tonecore"

Title: RE: Check out "Line 6 - Tonecore"
Hi,

I have to aggree. I personally think that the whole modelling thing is simply crap and analog is the way to go whenever possible as long as it's not an add-on effect like reverb or (loop-) delay. But just last week I thought I'd immediately get a box that would do standard delay fare plus ducking, reverse and modulation to broaden the options of my Danelectro BackTalk reverse delay. (The DL-4 takes is too big for my board, I loop with the EDP). So here it is, and I will give it a chance for shure. Although the nice grainy sound of the Dano is quite something.

BTW, what is the best compact guitar  tuner on the market? Anyone tried the Guyatone?

Andreas

In my opinion, anyone interested in Line 6 gear, and modeling gear in
general, owes it to themselves to actually TRY the stuff out firsthand.
There is so much hype with these newly released gizmo's, and Line6 is
the biggest culprit of touting the wonders of their new products.  The
user base are the beta testers, essentially!  and if and when the
limitations of the gear becomes an issue, quite possibly Line6 isn't
going to do anything about it, or they have already moved their focus
onto their next product.

If you're ok with that (and begrudgingly, I am, cuz I own a few L6
products), then go ahead and buy.

Also, although L6 claims the superiority of their products, they still
often don't 'feel' like the real thing....they are more like 'their own
thing'.  Again, as long as you're ok with that, more power to you.  I
just encourage you to try it out and make sure it fits you, rather than
thinking Line 6 is overtly concerned about rock solid performance and
user interfaces.  They seems to just leave the icing off the cake in
favor of selling more units, IMO.

Just my 2 cents too many,

Rich

Plus, modellng products just 'feel' different.  If you