Looping kit decisions in the UK

I hereby unlurk...Hi! If you have the time or inclination to answer this
dull newby question I'd be grateful

Having looped in protools I am now keen to get some performance kit...

I'm wondering what the best places are in the UK to try-buy both the
Echoplex and also the Boss RC20xl. Preferably either in Bristol or
London...

I'm leaning towards the Boss for price reasons obviously...but would like
to have a go on both before...and to hear any advice you have

I want to use it to play live sets of  weirdness with miked acoustic
instruments and voice...

Many thanks

Piers