RE: AdrenaLinn II/live looping

Title: RE: AdrenaLinn II/live looping

>>Adrenalinn I or II is awesome fun and patches can be heavily modified for
increased craziness or sublety dependent on your desires. I had a I that I
upgraded to a II it is real nice but, I got rid of it for a TC Electronics
FireworX. I didn't get rid of it because I thought the FireworX was a
replacement for it but, I found that I couldn't keep both though I wish I
could have. I will likely get another at some time in the future it makes
for a great mini (scaled down) rig.<<

I'd spend a great deal more time playing with my mk1-upgraded-to-mk2 if I didn't have quite so many other toys & so little time.

one thing that's easily forgot about the adrenalinn is that the amp/cab sims are pretty good. thus, even if you just want a stomp-box to beef up a guitar or bass (or whatever, actually), the box is already pretty good. then you've got midi-clockable delay & filter effects & a drum machine too.

as for looping with other musicians, & maintaining a slightly freer feel than would be possible with everything locked to a single pulse.... make sure you can see the tempo display on each of the boxes, & set them all the same. when the drift becomes noticeable, do something about it. or not. I frequently use my repeaters like this: select "midi" for the clock, let it lock up to the sequencers &c, then drop it into "user" at the same indicated tempo. subtle but important changes start becoming noticeable. I discovered that our guitarist has been using his jam-man unclocked for some time; he'd have his usual feed of midi clock but pull the cable out because the led was bothering him. (don't know why it has to flash in that totally useless manner- the new EH got that part right. btw, anyone else had the lid off the new EH yet? there's a space on the board for a midi in socket....)

duncan/r.m.i.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.If you have received this e-mail in error,
please e-mail the sender by replying to this message.

It is your responsibility to carry out appropriate virus and other
checks to ensure that this message and any attachments do not
affect your systems / data. Any views or opinions expressed in this
e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of MTV Networks Europe unless specifically stated,
nor does this message form any part of any contract unless so stated.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe