RE: TC FireworX /G-force

     Bill,

     I have two Hughes and Kettner stomp boxes, the Replex and the Tube
Factor.

     The Replex is a digital reverb and tape delay simulator doing both
single head and double
head type tape delay simulations.  Then they run it through a tube at 300
volts to warm up the
sound.  I use it for my acoustic Ovation with piezo pickups and it has
done an incredible job of
warming up my sound.  Probably the best improvement to my tone of anything
I've ever tried.

     The Tube Factor is a similar idea.  A combination of digital
overdrive and tube overdrive.
At least I think there's a digital distortion unit in there, maybe not.
Anyway, it has a similar
remarkable improvement in tone as the Replex.  Though it doesn't do what I
want it to do for my
acoustic.  Probably on an electric it would do wonders.  I'll be selling
mine soon so hit me
offlist if you are interested.

     Unlike other companies (some of which rhyme with Fhlarenger) the tube
is not some pantywaist
addition trying to lure in the unsuspecting High School kid with promises
of "analog warmth".
Hughes and Kettner deliver the goods.  The problem that I've heard
associated with the Tube Factor
is the lack of individual volume settings between the two differect types
of distortion sound.
This can be a problem if you're switching from one type to the other often.

     Stephen