New Idea for insert(and more HELP!)

Hi all

I just think I came across a new trick for incorporating into my home made pedal.

I acidentally placed my FC-7 into the feedback jack instead of the footpeadal jack. I noticed that when i pressed record the front panel showed feedback moving instantly from 127 to 0.

My mind started to spin!!!!!

if I rigged up a jack socket on my new pedal with two different options in parrallel ( is this possible anyone ?? ) with one going to the potentiometer know for full anologue style control and the other going to a 0k ohm momentary switch, I could use this as basically as a "poor mans insert" button as pressiing it should (if my theory is correct ) reduce feedback all the way when pressed and restore it to full when released.

could some clever individual(s) check my homework here to see if it all adds up!!!!

I am also still looking for an answer regarding the type of switches I need

single pole OR double pole,
single throw OR double throw

and also if you can use the a momentary button going (separatly to the regular seven buttons that include overdub) into the  overdub jack to get an extra sustain function overdub feature, or will they both just act the same???

A big thanks to anyone who can find them selves in a position to answer any of these questions and thanks for your time,

I promise when I finally built this mother of a pedal I will share all that I have learned via a new pedal building page that I will submit to the site.

Ta Muchley

Phill Wilson (a.k.a. Blackface)

Download my FREE MP3's at www.download.com/therealblackface

Enjoy the awesome learning power of EncartaŽ at your fingertips when you subscribe to MSNŽ Encarta Premium.

Hi all

I am still plugging away at my own homebrewed pedal for the edp, i have most of the things i need in place now, i have found the buttons that I like, however as with many stages of this build I have been presented with more options then I knew the answer to.

it seems to be there are multipul optins of

single pole, double pole,
single throw, double throw

momentary, latching etc

I know I need a momentary type but i dont really know about the other two sets of two options.

can someone point me to what im looking for for controlling the edp.

thanks