Re: repeater digital output

On Oct 31, 2004, at 20:14, joao orecchia wrote:

> have you tried using the digital out and some combination of either the
> analog stereo out or sends to get all four tracks individually into the
> computer?

Yes. But "all four tracks individually into the computer" is only
possible by using the analog outputs of the Repeater. The digital
output is a stereo mix of how you set the physical faders on the
Repeaters front panel.

> i mean, i know there are sound cards with 4 analog ins that could
> do this, but im not sure if there are any good ones which i can afford
> at
> the moment.

I was able to separate all four tracks of the Repeater, plus one EDP
channel, by this trick:

I recorded (into a computer) my source audio AND the midi used to
control both the Repeater and the EDP. Then I "rewinded" the computer
and played the source audio AND midi into the Repeater while recording
Repeater track 1 into the computer. After that I did the same thing
with the other three tracks. The process was not fast, but I ended up
with exactly the same four Repeater tracks and live manipulation
originally performed, now separated on four different channels on the
computer audio mulitrack software.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---