Re: The Echoplex Manual Sucks and the Guy That Wrote It Is an Idiot

On Oct 31, 2004, at 11:24 PM, Kim Flint wrote:

> At 09:07 AM 10/13/2004, Larry Cooperman wrote:
>> On Oct 13, 2004, at 7:50 AM, Travis Hartnett wrote:
>>
>>> Perhaps I missed it, but what exactly are you having problems with
>>> regarding the EDP?  Between the manual, the online FAQs and
>>> knowledge base here, I think there's a ready answer to most
>>> questions.
>>
>> My problem is the free association and lack of organization of the
>> thing.  The language is secondary but it is a bit idiosyncratic of an
>> artist which makes Kim more respectable to me but not while I'm
>> reading the manual.

>> I have to say something before I answer any questions:  I never
>> called you or anyone associated with the manual an idiot.  Now if you
>> acknowledge that then I'll talk to you, otherwise you can just
>> understand that from a history of reading everything associated with
>> music and music machines, from a guy who has a terminal degree in
>> music and doesn't talk about it, I have read much, much clearer.

Now with this email going out to everyone and their looping brother I
want you to say that I never called you an idiot.  Maybe you're used to
it from idiots saying how much they dislike the manual but anyone who
understands this machine enough to write about it, even in a
semi-beatnik way, I would never accuse of being an idiot.

Correct your header.  The manual may suck but I never said you were an
idiot.  Saying that I did is maybe silly.  Shit, the only idiot I know
who wrote a manual is the guy who wrote "How to pick up chicks,"
because he never said get a guitar and grow your hair long.  Easy as
pie.

Larry Cooperman
New Millennium Guitar
http://www.newmillguitar.com