Re: Looping Inspiration

I've played a jillion coffeehouses and I've yet to encounter anyone who
tells me they're bothered by spending a few minutes building up the bed of
looped tune.  Coffeehouse audiences don't really pay close attention to
what you're doing--they're reading, surfing, talking to a friend, staring
out the window, etc.  The people who do pay close attention to you are
more than likely going to be interested in watching the layering process
(look for the dudes with glasses who start stroking their chins...).  I
frequently stretch out something like "Sailing" (most well-known as the
Rod Stewart hit from the 70's) for ten or fifteen minutes and I've never
heard anything other than positive feedback from the audience.

Now, if it's just not your bag to do all that in front of the audience,
then don't, but I wouldn't assume that the other people in the room are
going to object.

TravisH