From: Kim Flint [mailto:kflint@loopers-delight.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2004 8:15 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: EDP manual

At 03:54 PM 11/7/2004, toejam00@mac.com wrote:
>My two cents regarding the EDP manual. It's great for what it does. But
>it would be awfully nice to have some sort of a tutorial.

I've long said that there is a great opportunity out there for experienced
Loopers to offer teaching services or create tutorials and teach looping.
People are obviously willing to pay. What are you waiting for?

It has nothing to do with the Echoplex, that just happens to be a looping
device that offers a more complete range of looping functions than other
loopers. People want someone to teach them looping, not Echoplex. People
who
think they want someone to teach them Echoplex really need someone to teach
them Looping. About the only person who seems to have gotten this is Andre
LaFosse.

Piano makers don't teach piano. Guitar makers don't teach guitar. Tuba
makers don't teach tuba. I'm sure they would like to, but it is hard enough
to stay on top of making the damned things. There is a whole educational
industry devoted to teaching these instruments anyway. Why not looping? Get
off your ass and go do it.

>Right now it seems that the EDP is primarily a tool for the very
>intelligent esoteric musicians, who play to "crowds" of 10 to 15
>like-minded people.

Are you saying people who play to bigger crowds are not very intelligent?

couldn't resist. :-)

kim