synth intros/fripp/ loop listening stuff...

i'm not sure about synth intros, but i've always liked
a. belew's "desire caught by the tail" his 80's guitar
synth album. always thought that album sounded real
cool. it made me want to make weird noises...

as for the debate on fripp and his 90's loops
(soundscapes) cd's...i'm not an expert on fripp, but
have his soundscapes 1999 album (from '95 i think) and
i do think it's a subtle listen. i think most of the
songs take about 2 min to really come into hearing
range, so it may be a "low recorded album", but i
think it's a good representation of a live "event".
the live king crimson dvd "eyes wide open" has fripp
doing an opening song/soundscape, and it's interesting
to see how he works/creates his stuff. his rack is
huge, and it looks to me (this was recorded circa '00)
that he's running 2 eventide processors, but i know
there's more, and there's a brief closeup where it
looks like he's manipulating the pitch on a patch.
again, it's a slow building intro,but like i said
interesting to watch, wish he'd have a full dvd of
just soundscapes just by him. i'm sure it'd be a "very
narrow" selling item, but i'd enjoy it....
my late 2 cents on things....s---
ps-i've been listening to a bunch of loop cd's:
michael k's (nemoguitar) latest he just sent me, andre
L.'s "normalized" (which i'd love to see a live dvd of
this stuff), and was listening to ted K's cd in the
car today, wow, he gets some great sounds too.....(i'm
always saying "how'd he do that when listening...)
pps-to newbie's looking for loop gear, my main setup
is my digitech rp100 for 2 sec delay loops, which gets
dumped to my dod d-12 for 6 sec samples (to save delay
manipulations) and then processed by my lexicon
mpx100, a pretty simple set up, and cheap and works
for me. i would still like to see a great (or any)
instructional dvd on how people use the edp...and
could someone get it out b/4 xmas so i can add it to
my list? i'd just like to see how people use it, since
i've heard it in application. oh well, i can wish....
happy looping....