Re: CONSTRAINT OF RANDOMNESS

Regarding Rick's long and interesting discussion on looping, exact copies,
and small randomness "livening up" a repetitive pattern: as I remember
things, one tenet of information theory (as I learned it) is that the more
of the content of a message that you are able to predict, the less
information that message contains. So predictability is inversely
correlated with information. So even slight variations in a repetitive
sequence raise the level of information.

hmm,
Steve B
Phasmatodea    http://www.phasmatodea.net/
Subscape Annex http://www.subscapeannex.com/