RE: Marie Osmond on Tzara tone poem (was: Britany Spears onLooping

Title: RE: Marie Osmond on Tzara tone poem (was: Britany Spears o
At 1:39 PM -0800 12/8/04, Tim Nelson wrote:
Hmmm, you're right. That's odd; multiple Google hits
attribute it to Tzara.

Although I'm probably being a little unfair to ole Sami Rosenstock, I can't help but feel that he was one of those opportunists who seized upon a developing scene and tried (successfully) to make it his own. I also have a soft spot for Hugo Ball. He was the real thing.

When I was at UCSD circa 1980 I was treated to a performance by Jerome Rothenberg of Ball's "Gadji beri bimba," complete with costume.

http://www.artpool.hu/dada/mozgalomZ/Ball_gadji.html

Are you implying that not EVERYTHING on the internet is scrupulously accurate?!

Laziness abounds and much misinformation is copied from one page to the next. I've seen this in action with respect to one of my old bands. A brief and inaccurate blurb appeared in a British book called "Fuzz, Acid, and Flowers" and was subsequently quoted verbatim by practically every used LP vendor offering copies of our album. Once the info gets out there it takes on a life of its own.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com