RE: MIDI pedal board for Line6 Echo Pro

Yeah, I do remember that when I started using it (in
mid-2003) I noticed that it worked slightly
differently than the way the manual described it, so I
made little labels for the front row of switches. (Oh,
yeah, in addition to the ones I mentioned, button 4 is
just 'stop', as opposed to button 6's "play/stop"
toggle.) (Lately I have been using my floor-based
loopers only, as I've been overhauling/reconfiguring
the rack yet again, so I can't go check it right
now...)

I'd never really used the regular delays on either the
DL4 or the echopro, but two weeks ago I was playing up
in Maine and part of my power supply to my Boss-type
effects failed. (Strangely, half of it still worked.)
I had to do some hasty reconfiguring and realized that
I had to choose between my overdrive and delay, as I
could not power both of them with the remaining part
of the power supply. (The loopers were using their own
supplies.) Then it occurred to me that I had several
delays right there in front of me with working,
available power supplies. So I stuck the DL-4 into the
signal path where the DD-3 had been, and continued
using the Headrush and RC-20 as loopers. Made a mental
note, though, to familiarize myself more thoroughly
with the functions I DON'T normally use on my gear!

-t-