Re: monitoring in LIVE and keyboard macro stuff

Tim,

Re: my old post about deleting clips in Live:  that was during my
*first* attempt at integrating Live into my guitar rig, which I
abandoned for a while, but am now doing again.  Back then I was using
Live 3.x, but now am trying the 4.x demo.  I'm not very far in the
experiment, and haven't started worrying about MIDI-controlled deletion
of clips again.  I'm not sure if anything has changed, but back then I
used Bome's MIDI translator to fire off macros that moved the cursor to
the right slot (macros would always start by going to the "home" upper
left corner position, and then moving to the right clip), and hit the
delete key.  It was not very efficient, because each FCB pedal was
dedicated to deleting a particular clip, as opposed to it being a more
open, flexible approach.  So, in the end, I don't think it's a good way
to go.  There are some posts in the Ableton forum about approaches to
this - search there for "delete clip".  At least relative to the clip
you are currently recording (or have JUST recorded), you can map a MIDI
command to the ctl-X keystroke (undo), and kill that clip.  Older clips
are the challenge.

I'd love to correspond with you while we're both trying out Live as a
live looping tool.  I'm not sure if ongoing troubleshooting
conversations would be viewed as appropriate here, but I'm open to
talking off-list.

I've got some ideas re: the routing challenges that you posted.  This is
where I'm focusing right now, and while I'm sure our specific setups are
different, we might be able to help each other out.  Short on time
tonight, but can post more this weekend.

Doug