Re: Using backgrounds live

 After the Beatles were on  I always watched Ed Sullivan for music groups-I
> remember an act called the Singing Nun -a small taper recorder descended
>and
> she recorded a track then sang harmony over it-a strange song that
>seemed to
> be about Domination,or Dominoes or something.I was too young to
> understand,but I got the notion of overdubbing.

yeah i remember that-oldster that i B...
the song was called 'dominique' and was sung in francais...also a #1 hit
that kept 'louie louie' @ #2!
i dont remember the tape recorder on stage-you sure it wasnt a 'les
paulverizer'?
great story on the singing nun over @ <swingchicks.com>