Re: Using backgrounds live

People that want to use backgrounds live can do so all you want. You
dont need to justify the practice by referencing archaic and obscure
examples. Its my own own personal preference to not use them but thats
me. However, if you do, realize some people, wether they are artists
themselves, or audience members have the right to respond in a negative
way. If you are entertaining and people come back (to pay) then who's
to say your wrong? But my fear is, where do you draw the line. First a
drum track, then maybe some strings, next thing you know, your a
karaoke act. But done tastefully and artistically it shouldn't detract
from a performance.