Re: new member introduction

Welcome aboard!

Dennis Montgomery <morpheus@speakeasy.net> wrote:
Hi all, I just joined the group yesterday. I'm primarily a guitar/kybd
player and I've been writing/recording my own music for many years
though I've never tried to do any looping. My 1st experience with
looping was back in '78 or '79 when I saw Robert Fripp perform with his
2 reel-to-reel decks at Tower Records in Campbell CA. Years later I
heard more of the Fripp Soundscape work and the Michael Brook 'Live at
the Acquarium' recording. After listening to some Fripp&Eno lately I
started looking through the net and stumbled across the loopers-delight
site. I listened to many of the loops from Andre LaFosse's tutorial site
and got hooked. I'm most interested in exploring the 'one-person-band'
real-time composition aspects of looping. Well, the stars have finally
aligned and the time is right for me to plunge in. I've got a Gibson
Echoplex and footpedal arriving this week and I'm very excited to be on
a new sonic adventure!

Dennis

Do you Yahoo!?