Re: Multi track editing question and cool software solutions

     I only use Adobe Audition, never tried any other programs.  I can
speak to the incredible
ease of use that Cool Edit (now Audition) implements.  Basically, if you
understand recording with
hardware, Audition will be a breeze.  The latest upgrade (Audition 1.5)
continues to add great
stuff like VST hosting, and complex stuff like editing with the marquee
tool in spectral view.
This means you can apply effects to a very specific frequency range as
well as the usual time
range.  Way cool.

            Stephen