Re: Multi track editing question and cool software solutions

Hi all,

I guess I'll have to introduce myself first.  My name is Tony and I'm a
looper.  My current setup involves an insane routing of a Digitech DDL,
Arion (cheapo) stereo delay, DL4, Adrenalinn, an RP2000, and various and
sundry old effects, into and back out of a Behringer mixer.  I drive it
all
with a GR50, Korg M3R, and a D50.

You can hear some of my rough explorations at
http://www.thinginajar.com/bigtony/exploring.htm
and my latest foray... http://www.thinginajar.com/bigtony/bloopy.mp3 (very
rough, needs some major editing, but what the heck.)

My main multitracker is Sonar 4.  I'm very happy with it.  I can use
VST/DX
synths, multiple inputs.  It integrates well with Sound Forge.  However,
it's not cheap.

My other favorite is AudioMulch for doing pc based loop stuff.  Lots of
cool
synths including Crystal, Absynth, etc.

The problem with ASIO as I understand it is not a limitation of the
drivers,
but a limitation in the ASIO spec.  My suggestion would be to run Live
with
ASIO, and set Wavelab to use MME/WDM or something else.  Wav editing isn't
as latency freakish as real-time recording.  There's not really any reason
not to do it that way.  I don't think tech support at M-Audio will help, I
think it's an ASIO issue.  I have an Audiophile and I had a bit of trouble
getting it to work with my SoundBlaster, and the tech guys were great.

A friend of mine really likes Tracktion, which is free right now.  The new
version is coming out soon, so they are releasing the current version for
free.  Nice app, works well, and cheap!

I'll also second using Tuareg2 for loop construction/destruction.  Fun
program to play with.

that is all,
Tony