RE: Boss Octave Pedal

"If you want low latency, buy a fuckin' bass and learn to play it."

Of course, I've already thought about this option, and I can already play
bass well enough for my purposes, I'd say.  But switching between guitar
and bass over and over again for each song (during different parts of a
song) just isn't all that practical (and if I was in the audience, I'd
start getting pissed at having to hear the loop those extra times, and I
don't personally like it much either being the performer).  The ability to
switch instantly would be a BIG plus.  When I do buy a bass it is going to
be a $1000-$2500 Warwick, and I'm just not ready to buy that yet (as most
of you know, who are not Keller Williams, or Phil Keaggy, these looping
gigs don't pay that much).  I'm already carrying up to 4 guitars + small
rack + pedals + and recording equipment and the usual stuff to gigs, the
last thing I want is to be lugging around another instrument at this
point.  I found a Boss pedal for $40, so I was checking to see if this
could tide me over until I could figure out something better.  Currently
I'm using a pitch-shifter effect, but the latency is terrible.  Of course
I would try it out before I bought it, but I figured I would get some
opinions of some people that use them in a similar live situation.  And to
find out if there were better pedals out there.  It seems as though the
POG may be the best choice, but I'm worried that if I end up wanting a
different solution and try to get rid of it, the demand just isn't there
for a ~$400 octave pedal, besides that, I'm not sure if I could try before
I buy, given most stores just don't carry $400 octave pedals.  And at this
price range, yeah, I could get an entry level bass.

I do appreciate the feedback on the OC-2 and the Chili Dog, etc..