Re: Behringer DDX3216 (Boss Octave Pedal)

on 1/14/05 5:46 AM, Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill at rs@moinlabs.de
wrote:

>> FWIW    When I do electric work with my echoplex I use a doubleneck
> Ibanez  one neck six string and one a >bass...I love this combo I am
> hooking the 6 string side to a Roland VG 8 for more options..btw has
> anyone >use the Behringer DDX3216 digital mixer?
>
> I am. Short version: Great value for the money. Would be even great
> value for more money. I use it as a FOH/recording console for my
> ensemble projects. Which gets us an excellent live sound, and when I do
> rough mixes of our recordings using the mixer, it always takes me lots
> of time to replicate the sound of these rough mixes using the most
> advanced software tools.
> Pro: very flexible structure, (for my taste) excellent dynamic
> processors, powerful features.
> Con: Aux 1-4 are hardwired to internal effect processors (so only 4
> auxes for outboard machines), limited flexibility of internal effectors
> (e.g. it's not possible to run more than two reverbs), no eq/dynamics on
> busses.
>
> If you want any more details, please contact me offlist to avoid
> anti-behringer rants...
>
> Rainer

Glad to hear from you.  I looked at a variety of digital mixers, Spirit,
Panasonic,  Roland, Yamaha etc. and would have forked good cash for them,
but the DDX3216 dropped to $599 including the dual channel Adat 1616.  Just
perfect to feed into my Motu interface..I was extremely wary as I had read
some things and I always thought that the brand was probably mediocre or
questionable.  But I started researching the  bulleting boards ginning
throught the rants raves and bs, and got the impression people ranting were
biased. I read some great reviews.  I took the plunge and got one.  free
shipping and extra 3 year no questions warranty for $75 extra...45 day
trial
(Musicians Friend).  I figured, hell that sound pretty good. What have I
got
to lose.  I'll give it a go.     In the trial phase now.  This is my first
digital.  At this point I have no complaints.  A physics instructor I once
had told us when we got a new piece of electronic gear to keep it on when
you first get it as if something is going to go it will go pretty
quick..don't know about that, but I have kept it on for extended periods
and
everything is going good, knock on wood. I have to say to my pleasant
surprise some of these effects are really good and easy to tweak and the
mixer, well I am liking it more everday...  I am trying to get a good
acoustic tone utilizing an Avalon U5 with my Takamine.  I noticed a tinny
sound but now I am convinced it may be my strings. I am curious if they
will
come out with any Digital Performer templates...will keep in touch...thanks