Re: Up An Octave

> All this talk about the Boss Octave pedal reminded me that I'd like to
> find something that I can play my bass through and bring it up an
> octave.  I then want to use a guitar processor on this to help it sound
> more like a guitar than a pitch shifted, munchkin-sounding bass.  What's
> out there?

Have you ever tried playing bass through an Octavia pedal? I've used a
"Jimi
Hendrix Octave Fuzz" on guitar, and, like an octave divider, it works best
if you play one note at a time using the neck pickup with the tone rolled
all the way down. But it has the additional restraint of working only when
you play near the 12th fret. Never tried a pedal like this with a bass, but
it might work.

Mark Smart
www.marksmart.net