custom-made klein guitar

Hi mrco,

I once had the luxury of trying out a Klein electric for a couple of weeks,
passing it on to a friend of mine and then again being involved in selling
that guitar, in fact, to an LD list member - thus having the chance again
play it.

We were both very impressed with the instrument's concept, playability and
ergonomics, but both thought that tonewise the Klein lacks a little depth
and "rebound" (early tone buildup), mostly due to the usage of the rather
big Steinberger Tremolo system. Maybe a matter of taste and needs (to
whammy
or not to whammy).

In fact, my friend thought about making a copy of the guitar without a
tremolo, but (unfortunately) the Klein is very much buildt around the
tremolo. The Klein is a very well thought out instrument design but should
not be harder to make than any Fender-type guitar.

For what it's worth, I know from tone conscious Strat users that a lot of
them went back to the older, simpler, more lightweight tremolo systems on
their guitars. Dare I say ......"vintage"?

Best, Andreas