Re: Chinese Slave Labor (was Re: say no to urban skydiving Re: AW:Aunti Behringer)

Eric, this IS fun!

yes, according to 2003 statistics, the overall world gender balance is
101 men to 100 women (3,169,122,000 men to
3,132,342,000 women), as taken from UN population figures for 2002.
this varies as highly as 186 men to 100 women in United Arab Emirates (I
guess we should never trust a man from UAE with a nuclear weapon, or for
that matter most Arab nations where the male population is
proportionally higher than females) down to 85 men to every 100 women in
Latvia and Estonia (explains why these countries look so peaceful in the
travel brochures).

Whilst we're on figures, the overall chinese population is in the
vicinity of 1.3 billion, not the 50 billion you lovingly guestimate in
your previous email.  This I thought was common knowledge as you put it
perhaps a little too condescendingly.  Their gender imbalance is
certainly worrying (the overall figure being 106 men to 100 men, with
the newborn ratio as high as 119 to 100 men in some provinces), as is
the death of female infants and unborns as a consequnce of one child
policy disturbing.

I doubt, however, the guys with their finger on the triggers are the
ones not getting laid, and hence my point was, they are not too much of
a concern to myself in regards to firing off missiles as a substitute
for firing off, well, I'm sure you can complete the metaphor.  To be
fair to the political expediencies at work, the point of one child
policy was to control a hopelessly out of control rising population.  It
has achieved that, albeit at a very expensivc cost (one would probably
employ that always chilling phrase "collateral damage" if trying to see
it from a governmental point of view - a phrase used by many nations
politicians and ugly whichever way you look at it (15000-17000 civilians
dead, sovereign nation... ring a bell?).

So I'm certainly not saying I don't feel for the problem of chinese male
sexual frustration, by any measure, but just that I don't see it as the
greatest threat to the peace and prosperity of ALL peoples of ALL
nations compared to say frustrated eschatologians trying to prove dogma
true, or cynical politicians manipulating eschatological beliefs in a
quest for a new world order.  Since you didn't address the point of my
reply to your neo-Mcarthy "yellow menace" styled post, (my point being
the worrying fact that people who have a vested interest in the world
ending to prove a fundamental tenet and teleogy of their religious
philosophy have the capably planet destroying lion's share of the
world's nuclear arsenal, and stand largely unopposed militarily),  I'll
assume that the distance between our points of view, non-heirarchically
speaking of course, is somewhat large, thus leaving any attempt to
discuss the issue as an ever spiralling loop of frustration enclosing
the inability of each of us to see it "the right way".  To put it
another way, this looks a bit like a case of "I'll see your paranoia and
raise you...".  To break out of the betting loop, I think I'll fold.

-michael