The PiNG presents Wally Jericho with SPROG

THE AMBiENT PiNG   http://www.theambientping.com
Every Wednesday Night @ THE TEQUiLA LOUNGE
http://www.tequilalounge.ca - 794 Bathurst Street at Bloor
(directly across from the Bathurst subway station) - Toronto
Doors open at 9pm - 1st set at 9:30 - PayWhatYouCan
map - http://www.theambientping.com/maps/tequila.gif

This Wednesday January 26th - Wally Jericho with SPROG

>From beyond the outskirts of the Urban Universe, Wally Jericho
returns via the homing beacon of THE AMBiENT PiNG's new
landing site. As Jericho Station makes this exciting journey
at aaa-amazing vvv-velocities using the braking power of the
closest and heaviest object (Kensington Moon) to the
unknowable C*O*R*E (city ordinaces requirements and
expanses), Ambient-TV will lauch a fully functional probe
packed with video tape to sync and attach to Jericho Station
as they use the "sling shot" effect to gently land and deploy
at the Tequila Space Lounge near the Annex Rings. This new
and exciting venue is a popular favorite of many electro-acoustic-
human-oid beings. So, install those new toliet seatbelts to
keep you safe, as you won't want to miss a milliseciond of live
Action Drama as it unfolds in uncharted,unseen alien mindscapes.

Wally Jericho (trumpet'n'treatments, loops, bass)
SPROG of Ambient-TV (guitar, synthesizer)
http://www.wallyjericho.com   http://www.ambient-tv.com

Between Sets CD - "Approaching Silence" by David Sylvian
We'll play Track 1 (32 minutes) which was created by Sylvian
on guitars, synths, shortwave & samples with Frank Perry
on noan bells, bowed gong & finger bells, for an installation
with artist Russell Mills. http://www.davidsylvian.net

Coming Wednesday February 2nd - Kathode and Odradek

||:IN THE LOOP:|| "The Big Picture: Faceless Forces of Bigness"

Faceless Forces of Bigness enveloped PiNG-goers with
images of summer on Wednesday, January 19, 2004.
Caught in a mid-January deep-freeze, this Torontonian was
reminded of warmer climes as the Faceless Forces presented
a surrealistic video road trip accompanied by a propulsive,
effects-driven soundtrack in their first set.

Creating a visual ambience that developed from looping retro
black & white images of the open road with infusions of
psychedelic color, the Faceless Forces' first set reminded
the audience of good things to come with out of the blue/green
images of butterflies and flowers - the stuff of hot, hazy
summer days. Grounded by a pulsing soundscape and driven
by undercurrents of lyricism, their performance transformed
TAP into a nexus of possibility. This sense of possibility was
realized as the video images arrived in a landscape rife with
big city flashing lights. Devolving into images of random text,
the aural dimension was reinforced by an intermittent visual
through-line of frequency indication. All in all, despite my
regret for having missed the second set, this journey was
a fit respite from a cold winter's night.

Always of the moment, PiNG organizers are also looking
to spring - and summer - with plans of a June "living room"
concert by James Johnson. While the details are still being
finalized, the event promises to be an intimate highlight
of the 2005 PiNG concert series.

Luna Tek  -  luna@theambientping.com

rik maclean's *ping things* CD Reviews

"In the Vale of the New Year" by The Devil in the Design

Imbued with a sense of ritual and mysticism, "In the Vale
of the New Year" by The Devil in the Design is a wonderful
new release that has already earned a spot in my list of favorite
discs for 2005. An epic and lush body of work, "In the Vale
of the New Year" travels through a spectrum of sounds and
styles ranging from guitar driven tribal stomps, to dark
ceremonial marches made under the winter's sky, to more
meditative pieces featuring sparse and delicate piano work.
A truly wonderful release by a truly wonderful talent.

rik maclean - rik@pingthings.com

http://www.pingthings.com = ambient + electronic + chill things

Send an e-mail to pingthings-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
for updates on *all* the latest releases on sale at ping things

THE AMBiENT PiNG is a social sound/art event presenting
live performances by Toronto's finest ambient, chillout and
experimental music artists plus performers from across the
continent, every Wednesday evening at The Tequila Lounge,
794 Bathurst Street at Bloor. http://www.theambientping.com

Please forward this e-mail to any friends who may be interested
in live ambient, chillout and experimental music performances