Re: Augustus Loop

On Jan 26, 2005, at 20:18, mark sottilaro wrote:

> Reading about Loopy Llama made me think of the glowing
> review I should write (Too busy!  Work is crazy and
> I'm moving!) about Augustus Loop by Expert Sleepers.
> SO cool.  I spend a few hours with it and Absynth and
> realized I could do a lot of damage with that pair
> alone.  After I move I intend to see how well that
> works on my laptop while also using an external input
> (guitar).  While it's no Repeater, it could be a great
> way to further pare down a special ops rig for
> short/small gigs.
>
> Mark Sottilaro

Hi Mark,

I definitely agree. Augustus is my friend! Just wait until you find out
that you can loop your guitar frenzy and then "play the loop" from any
midi instrument on midi channel two. This is the same trick that you
can do on a Repeater but with the difference that Augustus does not
time-stretch to keep the loop length the same when the pitch changes.
But that sounds just great for material that is not timing critical. I
use to play with an EDP and two Augustus Loops on a Powerbook.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---
http://www.looproom.com (international)