Re: Loopy Llama - question from a concerned user

It actually used to immediately overdub after closing the loop and I
changed it last week to be more "DL-4 like".  I was considering making it
a preference (a checkbox or something) and I definitely will soon....right
now my priority is a Mac version - which is almost done except for a bug
with the tempo light.

True, it is a pity about losing the loop with tempo change, but I am
unfamiliar with time stretching methods...except that it seems like you
need a fairly complex algorithm to do it with any quality - the default
time stretching in Pro Tools kills me.  For the near future I plan on
being able to double or cut in half the tempo...and "trigger" the loop
from the beginning.

The problem with checking out hardware loopers is (1) my bank statement or
lack thereof (2) Many of the best ones are things of the past.  I borrowed
a Jam Man and Dl-4 to study them, but I may have forgotten some of the
details of how they work and just did it how I thought was best.

But thank you very much for the feedback - it's exactly what I need to
make it more fun to loop with.

Chris
http://chriskline.com