Re: Boss RC  loop station

Ivan,

In a message dated 01/29/05 0:41:53, ivan@roccoipartner.hr writes:

I have Boss DD 20 giga delay, and I am content with sound but there
is not undo function and stop function. I consider to buy Boss RC20 XL
loop station. Is there anybody who is experienced in that gear. What
kind of impressions?

Several months ago I bought an RC20 and had it for about 48 hours
before I returned it to the store in exchange for a DD20. I was so happy
with that one I eventually bought 2 more (for a total of 3). Yeah, I'm
a glutton for punishment.

The advantages of the RC20 is length of delay time, storeable loops,
and time-stretching. Both units are quiet and have fairly hi-fidelity
sound. But the RC's other limitations turned me off. You can't do a
simple thing like fade out old loop material gradually while simultaneously
building up new -- a technique I find essential to what I'm was interested
in doing. It also makes it hard to fade out for endings of songs (unless
you have a dedicated volume pedal just for that).

This setup is not my main looping rig. I got tired of moving my EDPs
(and rack) around for smaller gigs and wanted to put together a more
compact rig (just some pedals and and amp). The DD20s worked well
for me in that capacity for a while.

The other onboard delay effects and reverse settings enabled me to
set each unit up for a different function. The numeric programmable
delay times are really accurate. You can set delays on different units
to the same numbers and they don't drift discernibly at all -- which
I found, frankly, amazing.

Eventually I missed the vast capabilities of the EDPs and sold off all
but one DD20. I found an old SKB pedalboard that has spaces for
rack gear in it and have put an EDP in one of those spaces. My new
"small rig" is built around that.

The DD20 is still pretty cool though. There's a lot you can do with it
and it seems to mesh more organically with my way of playing than
the RC20 did.

Best regards,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

"Different is not always better, but better is always different"

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://www.garageband.com/artist/ArsOcarina
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2845073
http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314

and Viztas. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Blah, blah, blah. So???

"Just because nobody understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."