RE: emulating a cheap sampling toy

How about this...buy youself an inexpensive baby monitor system.  The
cool thing is that it is wireless...plus I think it's a totally
ludicrous use of the technology! :)  You could just put a mic on the
receive side (parent) and put the transmitter side (baby) next to your
sound source (amp, percussion devices, mouth, etc).    I'm thinking you
could do all sorts of clever things with the wireless part, like leaving
your music loops go, and wandering around with the transimtter, corny
audience interaction, etc.

http://www.babyuniverse.com/search.asp?store=baby&searchstring=monitor
(some of these have two receivers, so you could get really clever)

Sorry if someone already suggested this...  Hah!!!

Kris