new edp looper

greetings from missoula, montana,

i just recently got on the list but have found it to be a very cool thing indeed.  i just purchased a gibson edp plus.  i have been using the boss loop station and before that the boomerang.  i perform professionally in the west and use looping quite a bit in my performance, albeit fairly simple looping compared to some.

my question is regarding the berringer foot pedal as a midi-controller for this unit.  i know there has been a recent thread, but i kind of wanted to start at the begining.  is there an index of this subject on the website?  i was not able to find it initially.  i purchased the edp without the foot controller (which i have tried in the past using a friends unit) to see if i can get by with a midi pedal leftover from an ada mp1.  however, i seem to remember that there was a good bit of talk regarding the berringer as being very good for this purpose.

thanks,
john