looping and using monitors

hi folks,
i am being hired to do gigs where i lay down a groove
with different percussion instruments then play and
sing on top of that.This is a new ball game for me
instead of just sitting and improvising and is really
challenging switching between part a and b,singing,
playing,switching guitars and of course not fucking
up:-)But it thrills me lately and it seems to get more
attention from the audience rather than playing with a
drum machine.The problem i am having is getting the
sound bleeding out of the monitors into the loop and
yes, i do need a monitor to hear my singing.ive seen
some ear monitors but they are way expensive here, can
anybody here using ear monitors give me a tip? do most
of you looper-singer-guitarrists out there use
monitors on stage or avoid them all together?
Luis

=====
www.luis-angulo.com