Re: people opinion of people

Didn't the musician-who-was-criticized request "brutal honesty" in the
feedback?

When you ask for that from strangers, you might get something that's a
little heavy on the "brutal" aspect, although I don't remember the
response that triggered all this to having been brutal or cruel.  It
may have been unfounded or inconsiderate, or it may have just been an
honest opinion.  I haven't gotten the impression that the recipient is
weeping in his room, forever scarred by what's been said.

When you decide to take your music out before the public, that's the
risk you take.  Some people will tell you it sucks and that you suck,
some will jeer openly or write Pitchfork-eque review and some may be so
put off by it they won't even say anything for seven months.  As a
public musician one needs to have thicker skin then the average person.
  Much thicker.  If I had a nickel for every demo or booking letter that
I've sent out which never garnered any response despite multiple follow
ups, I'd be a rich man.