Re: Mobius system requirements

On Feb 17, 2005, at 11:50, L. Angulo wrote:

> Hey Per,
> what about this new one from RME firewire seems killer
> with preamps and all
> http://www.rme-audio.com/english/firewire/ff800.htm
> but i am quite happy with my RME multiface
> cheers
> Luis

Hi Luis,

I have only good about it. But I prefer keeping my Firewire 800 ports
free for connecting external hard drives, since I'm not only looping
but also doing some multichannel recording. My old Multiface uses PCI
(or PCMCIA if used with a powerbook) and I can then travel with the
powerbook, an external firewire 800 drive and microphone to carry out
recordings instead of having to rely on others to come to my place to
make recordings with me.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---