Re: SooperLooper beta released for OSX

On Feb 17, 2005, at 6:33, Jesse Chappell wrote:

> To keep the software looper excitement level high around here, I've
> decided it is time to release a beta version of SooperLooper for Mac
> OS X.

That's really cool! I tried it very briefly today and everything worked
fine with jack. I did not get the time to try out to stream audio from
SooperLooper, through Jack, into Ableton Live.... but I guess that
would work just fine. The benefit would be that you could then use the
nice reverb of Live and also some Pluggo's.

I didn't have time to try multiple loops but from reading the "read me"
file I have it should be no problem. Really exciting, I must say! I
like it a lot. In fact I succeeded in killing my audio PC last year
when trying to re-mould it into a Linux box (oh well, the wreckage
probably had other causes....). Anyway, I was looping like crazy with
SL and it only used 4 percent of this Powerbooks CPU recourses. That
had me thinking that I could try it together with Live 4, just using
Live as a shell for reverb and some Pluggo effect. Oops, already said
that. Nuff said.., Thanks Jesse!

Oh yes, just hit my mind! I miss the option to assign a midi foot pedal
to the 1/2x, x and 2x speed options. Being able to do that would be
REALLY COOL! It spans over three octaves which means you can do some
fun stuff with "substitute" when using 8th's quantize and very short
8ths/cycle setting.

It's good to see that SooperLooper is such an open system that lets you
set up your own concept for external midi control. I'd like to take the
time to set up different real-time control versions for my FCB1010
controller. For concert I prefer quick instant access to some chosen
few powerful functions, while other musicians might wish for being able
to use a lot of functions. SooperLooper seems to be good to both user
styles ;-)

Will go for a trip with with only recording gear - no instruments or
midi pedals - but as soon as I come back (a week or two) I will dig
into SL again.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---