Re: SooperLooper beta released for OSX

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 09:23:43AM +0100, Per Boysen wrote:
> On Feb 18, 2005, at 9:07, mjnoble wrote:
>
> >hi Per,
> >
> >So far as I can tell, each loop is independent, hence, setting up 4
> >loops in the one engine gives you 4 parallel loops.  I imagine you can
> >then use individual Mutes or the volume level faders to achieve the
> >same effect as next loop and previous loop as in the EDP.
>

> Thanks, that's nice to hear! I guess I could then use my Indigo i/o
> card's two inputs to record, overdub or substitute into two loops at
> the same time. I wonder if I could address the same function in
> different loops by different controllers?

        Seems like it. I just set up a fcb1010 controlling loop1,
and a art x-15 controlling loop2.

> I would like to have the
> option to do it both ways; either (1) stomp one button and record
> simultaneously into both loops or

        Currently, you could set it up to start ALL loops or
a specific loop. But you can define multiple loop cmds per
midi event, so say, program change 37 can trigger "record"
on multiple loops)

> (2) stomp another button to record
> only into loop A or loop B (while hearing them both playing back in
> parallel).

        Yup, you can define multiple midi events per loop
function (aka, program change 10 to start recording on all loops, and
pc 11 and 12 to record loop1, and loop2 respectively).

Adrian
http://www.phasmatodea.net