audio 2 midi trigger for Ableton live!

Does anyone know of an audio to midi trigger plugin which works in
ableton live (current version) and runs in real-time?

What I want to do:

I want to use audio clips (either prerecorded loops or loops recorded
on-the-fly) to trigger sounds from a VSTi drum machine. I found this
device called KTDrum Trigger at koen.smartelectronix.com -
unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work in Live: its MIDI output doesn't
appear in the chooser list for input to a MIDI track.

Is there an alternative, or is there a workaround to the problem I
described?

Thanks,

        Rainer