Re: Re: RE: ugly racks of gear

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Jeff Evans wrote:

> > I have seen a performer stop playing his synth in an improv keybord
> > duo in
> > order to answer his phone, listen to voicemail, and send a text-message
> > back. My attitude at the time was that if the call is that important,
> > take
> > 5.
> >

> Maybe it was an artistic statement on the 24/7, invasive accessibility
> in today's culture.
>
> I say that as a joke (knowing it very well might not have been).
>
> Cheers,
> Jeff

I will claim I know the performer I am speaking of well enough that, in
the case I personally witnessed and mentioned above, it wasn't an
intentional statement by the performer in question. But that was a good
guess :).

(If I ever do something like that as an artistic statement, I'd probably
have the cellphone jacked into the PA and prearrange at least one call.
Hmm. Thanks for the idea!)

best,
Steve B
Phasmatodea    http://www.phasmatodea.net/