the music of the Otto Cycle Re: Who out there has the knowledge to design/build this looper?

As a car freak *and* a musician, I feel that car exhaust can be just as
harmonically complex as a more traditional instrument. When Mazda was
developing the first-gen Miata, they had a guy listening day-in/day-out to
tapes of classic sports cars, trying to understand the desired overtones so
that his cowokers could then approximate them. They had that much respect
for the sound.

I, for one, am impressed.

In fact, a few years ago I saw one of the classic cars they had been
studying so feverishly, an Austin Healey, blasting down Rte 128, and I
rolled down my window to hear the music. It sounded like the wonderful
15th-fret harmonic chord that Robbie Krieger used to start the Doors' "L.A.
Woman." Unbelievable.

Yours in Sound,
Tim Mungenast
www.mungenast.com