Re: EDP Hiss

Tom Combs wrote:
> Well, with nothing plugged into the input, and the input level set to
> minimum, where is the possibility of improper gain staging on my part?
> The output of my EDP goes directly into a Mackie 1202-VLZ Pro.  If there
> were a gain problem associated with the output stage of the EDP, then
> I'd expect to hear the hiss when a loop is not playing..

I'm just passing on the answers which were handed to me before.  Not
saying I believe them or anything.

You learn to live with it, or you move on and find something else that
works for you.

I have a preference for dirty sound, so incorporating the EDP's hiss
wasn't that big a deal for me.  Still, sometimes it would be nice if it
was clean.

-J