Slightly OT: Mac OS X guitar amp simulators

Hey all,

Quick question here.  I'm looking for some good guitar
amp / effects software.  I've found Native
Instruments' "Guitar Rig" software, and "AmpliTube."
Guitar Rig is a little pricey, and comes with a
hardware foot pedal that I actually don't need because
I have the Behringer midi foot controller.  Is it
possible to purchase that software without the foot
pedal?

Are there other amp or effects simulators?  I can use
either standalone or plug-in style effects.  Just
don't know what all is out there or really where to
look.

My style of music ranges from bluesy guitar leads to
total ambient weirdness.  =)  Thanks.

Mike