RE: A poll--shoes off? (was RE: video: ableton live)

shoes off for me has become a very important performance element for me

my last fine art project was me phill wilson as an artist looking at me
blackface as a performer and the work created came form looking at the
changes and differances of the two roles.

part of the way that i seperated the  two differant roles in my life was
by
adding ritualistic elements to the musical performance. one of these
elements was taking off my shoes, therefore  bare feet, empty shoes and
footprints all became symbolic of my transformatiion into a musician as
did
my decicion to always wear red on stage and never in "real life" .

there are of course the practical aspects of having no shoes in tat its
easier to hit the buttons. I do still wear socks though co si have very
seperate toes and if a button slips between two toes its good ot have the
sock material there to catch it.

Philll Wilson

Express yourself with cool new emoticons
http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/myemo