Re: Noob saxist feedback question

i'm not much of a saxist, but i play one on tv.
remember most of the sax sound comes out the keyholes.
if you are already getting the sound you want from your bell mic,
you are lucky.  i find that i can't.  surprisingly it winds up way too
bright
(i expected a darker sound)

anyway, there are a few pickups that attach to the mouthpiece that
supposedly
can get better rejection plus a more natural tone than a mic in the bell.
i've tried this approach on trumpet and like it pretty well.
one thing extra rejection allows is the use of guitar amps/effects
to get otherwoldly sounds (distorto-wah-echo etc) these things can cause
quite a mess of feedback with a microphone on a club stage,
not that there's anything wrong with that,
if that's your taste, times being what they are...