Small digital recorders

I have 2 rigs.

My main system at my workplace. It's a DAW (desktop
PC, some outboard gear, etc.) where I do my
sequencing/recording.

My second system is at home in my bedroom, and
consists of a coupl'a synths, some effects, and a
older midi hardware sequencer (Roland MC-50). I
thought I'd just use the bedroom stuff to just fool
around, and lately I'm achieving some interesting
sounds........but I have no way to record them!

I need a recorder. As high quality as I can afford. I
figure, for me, it's worth it to spend around
$300-$600. Whatever media it records on, I need to be
able to transfer it to my main rig, the PC. I might
spend a little more if it could also become a portable
location recorder, and still maintain high quality.(In
which case, I would bring "it" to my PC, for
transfer.)

What would you suggest?

=RANDY=