Re: basic loop equipment

one other quick question, Tim. My son found something called a Tascam
MF-PO1
digital cassette recorder. There's also a Zoom digital recorder. Are these
types of recorders okay? the cassette one is $99. While I know you get what
you pay for, if this is for practising for my son and me, would one of
these
suffice?  I saw reviews that say cassettes should go by the wayside in
favor
of digital---but for practice (and not live performing) are they okay?