re: USB audio

Well, I finally tamed my USB interface problems somewhat. I upgraded to 512 megs of ram, installed the "ASIO4all" driver, and turned the latency setting all the way up on the ASIO4all control panel, and am now getting almost no dropouts/glitches in the audio stream.
Still getting occasional glitching, maybe once every 3-4 minutes. I've tried monitoring my data usage using Task Manager, but it doesn't seem that the glitches coincide with any spikes in memory usage. Upgrading the driver seemed to help the most, thanks to the person who posted about it. I've read and implemented most of the stuff I've found about optimizing XP for audio, and my computer is booting and running much faster, but I still can't seem to get rid of the last bit of dropout. Any thoughts where it might be coming from if not the memory getting overloaded?
Once I get it to actually play a wav file smoothly, maybe I can actually start using it with some bonafide music software. I'd really like to setup a software sampler that is triggered by midi keyboard, and perhaps some software sequencing of my Alesis Micron as well.
-Devin