Re: Musolomo within Live [was: Live 4 (1st loop)]

On Mar 29, 2005, at 20:45, Mech wrote:

>  While Musolomo normally has the 'Record' function mapped to key C3 by
> default, Live's computer keyboard mapping actually puts it on C2, I
> believe.

Yes, that makes some kind of sense. I have a vague memory from early
Cubase days that C3, "middle C", usually differs by one octave in
German vs American instruments.

> Just one potential gotcha, so I thought I'd get it out there...

Thanks for pointing it out! It never touched my mind that the old
octave difference should still be around ;-)  Got at Musolo yesterday
from the Live 4 computer keyboard by using C2.

Now, the next problem to solve is how to set up a Berhringer FCB1010 to
send a C3/C2 note while at the same time sending another midi note for
the sample to be triggered by. Since a FCB can only send one midi note
at a time I think I will try to use the FCB to trig a certain midi clip
I will prepare in Live 4; a midi clip that sends the midi notes needed
to Musolomo.

I think the ability of Live 4 to use midi clips to control software
plug-ins is very powerful. If anyone is interested, a similar option is
provided by using Numerology as the plug-in host.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---
http://www.looproom.com (international)