those wicked cool Alesis ModFX boxes...

...are on sale through Musicians Friend ($40 and $50 bucks per unit) and I just ordered the Bitrman, Metavox and Philtre. These are certainly going into my looping rig!
    Question #1A: Who's got 'em, and any tips on using them (beyond their obvious applications, and the usual "run your drum machine through the distortion" stuff)?
    Question #1B: Have any of you fine folks experienced any wackola problems with these colorful little skroinkers?
    Q #2: Musicians Friend no longer carries the rack mount for these units. Is there an alternate piece of hardware available, or do ya think I could cobble something together from sheet metal and/or L-brackets on my own? (I'm good with tools, and never run with scissors.)
    Thanx madly,
Douglas Baldwin, coyote-at-large
coyotelk@optonline.net